NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THE FOLLOWING GAME IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES) AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS GAME IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
1. ELIGIBILITY: FFSlots (the "game") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER UNITED STATES TERRITORIES, AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES), who are thirteen (13) years or older as of the date of entry, and are registered members of FootballNation.com. (Registration is further described below in Section 4.) The following are not eligible for the Game: (i) employees and agents of Sponsor and Promoter and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective advertising/game agencies; and (ii) the "immediate family members" and/or "household members" of any of the persons set forth in (i) above. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. Participation in the Game constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor regarding all matters relating to the Game are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. From all eligible entries received, the winners will be determined based on their ability to use their skill and knowledge of U.S. professional football to accumulate the most points in this Game. This Game is void in all U.S. Territories, (e.g., Puerto Rico and Guam) and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR; PROMOTERS. This Game is sponsored and promoted by Football Nation, LLC (the "Sponsor"). Any advertisers associated with the Game, shall be deemed a "Promoter" for purposes of these Official Rules.
3. ENTRY PAGE. To access and/or enter the Game, log-on to the FFSlots Frontpage during the Game Period and complete your entry by registering.
a. Not yet a Member. You may register by clicking on the applicable link on the entry page for the Game, and following the instructions. You will be asked to provide your name and e-mail address. You will also be asked if you wish to receive emails or offers. You do not need to consent to receive these emails or offers in order to become a member. Even if you consent, you may subsequently opt-out of receiving such emails or offers by clicking on the link where instructed.
b. Already a Member. If you are already a member then you do not need to register again. You may enter the Game by logging in on FFSlots.com with your current username and password.
c. Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. Sponsor, Promoters and other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
5. TIMING. Entry in to the Game begins each week following the completion of the prior week's games and ends 12:55pm EST on Sundays. The Game begins on Thursday, September 5, 2011 and ends on Sunday, February 3, 2012 at 7:59pm (or upon the completion of the last game from that day) (the "Game Period"). Each weekly Game (the "Weekly Game Period") begins on Tuesday at 9:00am and ends on the following monday Monday at 11:59pm (or upon the competion of the last game from that day). For purposes of these official rules (the "Official Rules") all times are Eastern Time ("ET").
6. HOW TO PLAY.
a. General. The objective of the Game is to accumulate the most points by using a Slot Machine to select a roster of eligible players. Players are eligible if they are on the roster of an NFL team playing in the current Weekly Game Period.
b. Selecting a team.
i. Select a position using the provided dropdown.
ii. Click "Spin Reels" and the system will select and display three random players at the selected position.
iii. When you want to keep the current players, click "Lock Players". You may spin again after locking, but if you spin without locking the current players, you will not have a chance to go back. If you don't lock any players, your final spin will automatically be locked in.
iv. When your roster is completed, you will be prompted to save it. You must save your roster in order to be placed in the standings and be eligible for prizes.
c. Scoring. Players are awarded fantasy points for their performance during the selected game week. Point totals are subject to change and are not not official until Wednesday at 12:00pm. Fantasy points are awarded as such:
Quarterbacks. 1 point per 20 passing yards; 4 points per passing touchdown; 1 point per 10 rushing yards; 6 points per rushing touchdown; -1 point per interception thrown
Running backs. 1 point per 10 rushing yards; 6 points per rushing touchdown; 1 point per 10 receiving yards; 6 points per receiving touchdown
Wide receivers. 1 point per 10 rushing yards; 6 points per rushing touchdown; 1 point per 10 receiving yards; 6 points per receiving touchdown
Tight ends. 1 point per 10 rushing yards; 6 points per rushing touchdown; 1 point per 10 receiving yards; 6 points per receiving touchdown
Kickers. 3 points per field goal made; 1 point per extra point made
Defense and Special Teams. 6 points for any defensive or kickoff/punt return touchdown; 2 points per interception; 2 points per fumble recovered; 2 points per safety; 1 point per sack; 10 points for 0 points allowed; 7 points for 1-6 points allowed; 5 points for 7-13 points allowed; 3 points for 14-17 points allowed;1 point for 18-27 points allowed; 0 points for 27+ points allowed
d. Lock-time. Each week the system will "lock" to prevent further entry submission. Entrant's roster must be submitted, received and recorded by Sponsor's computer by the scheduled lock-time in order to be counted. Selections submitted after the deadlines are considered invalid. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. Entrant has until 12:55pm each Sunday during the Weekly Game Period to submit entries. In the event that an NFL game is scheduled before Sunday for the given week, the players in said game will "lock" and no longer be eligible for random selection at the game's scheduled start time.
e. Ties. In the event that two (2) or more entrants' teams have the exact same number of points, a winner will be determined using the following tie-breakers:
Tiebreaker #1: Higher number of total points scored by the team's Quarterbacks.
Tiebreaker #2: Higher number of total points scored by the team's Running Backs.
Tiebreaker #3: Higher number of total points scored by the team's Wide Receivers.
Tiebreaker #4: Higher number of total points scored by the team's Tight Ends.
Tiebreaker #5: Higher number of total points scored by the team's Defense and Special Teams.
Tiebreaker #6: Higher number of total points scored by the team's Kickers.
In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
f. Limit. THREE (3) ENTRIES PER PERSON PER WEEK (REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR REGISTERED MEMBER ACCOUNTS).
7. ENTRY. There is no entry fee required to participate in the Game. Only entries received online in accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted.
8. PRIZES. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes is $5,100.
a. Weekly Prizes
Prize winner is the person who comes in first in the standings each week, as determined by the rules and scoring defined above.
Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative U.S. professional football knowledge of all entrants.
b. Prize Restrictions
If a potential winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, potential winner's parent/legal guardian must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings required of the potential winner in these Official Rules, both on behalf of himself/herself and the potential winning minor. Prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, parent/legal guardian.
Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses, relative to participation in the Game (including acceptance of any prize) not specified herein.
No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value (e.g., Sponsor may opt instead to award the cash equivalent of any prize in lieu of the prize itself). THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
Prize winners should allow up to 6-8 weeks after they return their signed, notarized affidavit to receive their prize.
9. ENTRY ERRORS / NO RETURN OF ENTRIES; DISPUTES. Neither Sponsor nor Promoters are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promoters are responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Game, including, without limitation, (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person, of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or password associated with the winning entry.
10. POTENTIAL WINNERS. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIBIGILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
Potential winners will be notified via email (or overnight mail) sent within fifteen (15) business days following the end of the Game Period. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor during the Game Period if his or her e-mail address has changed. To do so, click on the "FootballNation.com" Sign in link on FootballNation.com, and follow the instructions.
A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected (i.e., the next highest scorer) if (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within five (5) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or donate the prize to another entity, at its sole discretion).
11. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/LIABILITY RELEASE. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice.
Except where prohibited, participation in this Game constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and Promoters', and any of their respective agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
12. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these official rules and to Sponsor's decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor in regards to all matters of this Game are final and binding.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Game and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an entrant who, in Sponsor's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GAME OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Game if, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Game, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared). In the event that the U.S. professional football season is postponed, terminated early, or cancelled for any reason (such as a strike or lockout), Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on scores at the time the season is disrupted, or to cancel, modify or suspend the Game at its discretion. In the event of a cancellation or termination by the Sponsor the entrant who has accumulated the highest point total (and who wins any pending tiebreakers) at the time of any said action will be awarded the prizes, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
13. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. By participating in this Game or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Promoters, and each of their respective related companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Game (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
14. GAMBLING PROHIBITION. This Game is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
15. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Game; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses or other security breaches; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Game; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Game, access to, copying or downloading materials from FOOTBALLNATION.com or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
16. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Game or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated Middlesex County, Ma in Newton, MA (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York law, without reference to New York's choice of law rules, governs the Game and all aspects related thereto.
18. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the end of the Game (i.e., by March 5, 2013).
c/o Football Nation, LLC
188 Needham Street Suite 255
Newton, MA 02464
19. ADDRESS; COPYRIGHT. Sponsor is responsible for the Game and awarding of prizes. Sponsor's address is 188 Needham Street Suite 255 Newton, MA 02464. The Game and all accompanying materials are copyright © Football Nation, LLC.